I've spent the last hour or so trying to figure out what the weather is going to do.
At best, it will not rain but the temp will continue to drop as the evening progresses from the current 9C to 1C overnight. Winds are currently NW at 28 KM/H.
On the radar we can see a fairly decent rain cell that is coming from the NW, right now it's near Ft Qu'Appelle and headed our way. Expected between 6 and 7 pm.
As I type this it's started raining in Harbour Landing.
We want our first night together to be a pleasant experience, we want you to enjoy the evening, not endure it.We want you to learn, and that's a lot easier if you're not trying to stay warm.
So I'm cancelling the ride. Generally I get it right but tonight I just don't know. So, do me a favour. Keep an eye on the weather for yourself, and decide if you would have ridden and enjoyed the experience. I'll send out a survey and let's see what the consensus is.
I tend to be the noisy one, Theresa and the Ride Leaders are the real story.